There are three types of private car insurance cover: Third Party Only, Third Party, Fire & Theft and Comprehensive. Here, at, we provide Comprehensive cover with all our policies. We also offer two cover levels, Standard and Xtra, the main differences are outlined below. Please view our Policy Document for full details of cover.

To view all content below - swipe to left

Policy Benefits Standard Xtra
Accidental damage – Loss of or damage to the insured car caused by accidental means
Death or bodily injury – the amount an insured person may have to pay if legally liable for death of or injury to another person arising as a result of an accident caused by or in connection with the insured car.
Damage to third party property
Fire and lightning
Theft or attempted theft
Malicious Damage
Audio & Visual Equipment
New Car Replacement
Replacement Locks
Medical Expenses
Foreign Travel
Personal Accident Cover
Personal Belongings Cover
Windscreen Cover
Roadside Assistance
Home Start
Emergency Overnight Accommodation

Subject to a certain criterion, you may also be eligible for a ‘Protected No Claims Bonus’ and ‘Driving Other Cars (see below). Please refer to our Policy Document for full details of cover.

If you purchase an Xtra policy and during the period of insurance, the windscreen or windows in your car are damaged, we will pay for the cost of repair or replacement and the repair of any resulting scratching to surrounding bodywork. If this is the only damage you are claiming your no claim discount will not be affected.

Our approved repairer is Autoglass, they can be contacted on: 0800 044 3237.

Please refer to our Policy Document for terms, conditions and exclusions.

If you purchase an Xtra policy, you will be covered for roadside assistance including home start and emergency overnight accommodation.

This service is managed by Motor Insurance Services (MIS Claims), they can be contacted on: 028 9048 5219.

Click here to view our Breakdown Assistance.

A ‘Driving Other Cars Extension’ provides third party only* cover in the event of an emergency for you, the policyholder to drive another private car which you do not own or have not hired or leased. If you are eligible for this extension, it will be outlined on your certificate of motor insurance. The following terms and conditions apply:

  1. The vehicle is not owned by your employer or hired to them under a hire-purchase or lease agreement;
  2. You currently hold a full European Union (EU) licence;
  3. The use of the vehicle is covered in the certificate of motor insurance;
  4. Cover is not provided by any other insurance;
  5. You have the owner’s permission to drive the vehicle;
  6. The vehicle you wish to drive is currently insured by the owner;
  7. You are not connected in any way with the Motor or Licence Trade;
  8. The vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, holding a valid MOT certificate; and
  9. You still have your vehicle which it is not damaged beyond cost-effective repair;
  10. The vehicle driven must be of the same size and cylinder capacity as the insured vehicle or alternatively no higher than a 2000cc vehicle.

This extension applies while being driven within the territorial limits and only to private passenger vehicles. It does not include:

  1. Vans
  2. Car - Vans
  3. Jeep - type vehicles with no seats in the back; or
  4. Vans adapted to carry passengers

*Third Party Only - liability to a third party for death, injury or damage to their vehicle or property.

If you hold a full 5-year no claims bonus which you have earned from a policy in your own name, you may be eligible for a protected no claims bonus which allows you to make 2 at-fault claims (claims where the insurer are unable to recover their losses from another source) in a 5-year period before your no claims bonus is affected. Following your third claim, your no claims bonus will be reduced in line with our step-back scale at the time.

Here at, we offer three different classes of use (restrictions apply) which will be outlined on your Certificate of Motor Insurance:

Social Domestic and Pleasure

Social, Domestic and Pleasure provides cover for the drivers named on the certificate of insurance for every day, driving e.g. visiting family/friends or shopping. Travelling for work purposes is excluded.


Commuting provides cover for travelling to and from one permanent place of paid employment, school or college. If you part travel e.g. to a railway station or take someone else to work, you will require this level of cover.

Class One

If you use your car as part of your job to travel to other locations as well as your usual place of work, you will require Class One Business Use. Cover for commercial travelling, soliciting for orders and the carriage of goods and/or samples is excluded.

You can select your class of use at the start of your policy, or, if your circumstances change, you can add it throughout the policy term via your Online Portal. Adding business cover can increase your premium but you can avoid admin charges by making the change online.

Unfortunately, we don’t offer anything higher than class one business use.

Drivers offers policies to:

  • Women and men aged between 21 and 75
  • Drivers permanently resident in Northern Ireland.

Unfortunately, we cannot cover anyone:

  • With non-motoring offences unspent under Rehabilitation of Offenders Act;
  • Who has had insurance declined, cancelled, voided, or special terms imposed;
  • Who works full or part-time in:
    • entertainment, gambling, modelling, and professional sports;
    • foreign or diplomatic service;
    • scrap, second-hand dealers and merchants, market and street traders;
    • bailiffs, debt collectors, bodyguards or doormen/women;
    • mobile mechanics, taxi or mini-cab drivers;
    • couriers, dispatch drivers, mobile caterers, or fast food delivery drivers.

We can only cover a maximum of three drivers per policy including the policy holder.

Vehicles is a private car insurance policy, we do not cover:

  • Any vehicle modified or adapted from the manufacturer’s standard specification
  • Vehicles with more than 7 seats;
  • A left-hand drive or;
  • Imports from outside Northern Ireland or the UK;
  • Vehicles that have been written off (Category A, B, C or D);
  • Motorbikes;
  • Commercial vehicles including taxis;

Territorial Limits

This policy operates throughout Northern Ireland, Great Britain, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands including travel by sea between ports.

Foreign Travel

The cover under your policy is automatically extended when your car is being driven or used in any of the following countries for a maximum 45 days in any one period of insurance:

  • Any other country which is a member of the European Union;
  • Switzerland, Iceland and Norway

If your car will be driven in any of the above countries for a period exceeding 45 days in any one period of insurance, cover will only be extended if you notify us in advance of your car leaving Northern Ireland.

Please refer to our Policy Document for terms, conditions and exclusions. underwritten by American International Group UK Limited which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England: company number 10737370. Registered address: The AIG Building, 58 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4AB.