COVID-19 Support and FAQ’s

In these unprecedented times we wanted to thank all our customers for choosing its4women for your private car insurance and we want to stay connected with you during these difficult times.

All our staff are working remotely at present, but we are working hard to assist you as quickly and seamlessly as possible. We have created these useful Covid-19 FAQ’s to help answer any commonly asked questions.

COVID-19 Support

Are you fully operational and how do I contact you?

Absolutely, we are here to help you. You can update, amend or renew your insurance policies yourself via the ‘Online Portal’. Making changes via the self-service ‘Online Portal’ will ensure you do not incur a telephone admin charge.

The quickest and easiest way to contact us is via our ‘Live Chat’ facility. Our team of advisors will be able to assist you Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday 9:30am – 1pm.

Your ‘Online Portal’ is the best and quickest way to make the changes to your insurance policy.

What facilities are available via my Online Portal?

Your Online Portal allows you to administer your insurance policy 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply visit the ‘Manage My Policy’ section on the website complete any of the following actions:

  • Renew my policy
  • Change my car
  • Add a driver
  • Change my address
  • Change my registration
  • Add a temporary car
  • Remove a driver
  • Update your contact details

How can I send my documents?

The easiest and quickest way to send documents to us is to upload your documents via your ‘Online Portal’. You can upload the following documents:

  • Driving Licence
  • PPSN Documentation
  • Proof of No Claims Bonus
  • Proof of Driving Experience
  • Vehicle Registration Documents
  • Direct Debit Mandate*
  • NCT Certificate
  • SORN
  • Gap in Cover
  • General
  • Driver status Confirmation
  • Proof of address

*We are accepting a scanned copy during the pandemic which can be uploaded via your portal. You can also post your direct debit mandate but due to remote working there will be processing delays.

If I breakdown, will you still be able to assist me?

Our breakdown service is available 24/7. If you require assistance, please call 028 9048 5219.

Can I still make a claim?

If you have been involved in an accident and need to make a claim, please call 028 9072 2804. Priority for HSE / frontline professionals – priority for repairs & claims including free breakdown service and courtesy car if required. Motor policy cover while driving a loaned car from an SIMI garage.

Do I need to let you know if my occupation has changed?

Yes, you must tell us what your current occupation is to ensure you have the correct cover in place. However you do not need to notify us if you have been furloughed.

I am volunteering for the NHS/HSE or other, do I need to update my policy?

Many people have volunteered to help their fellow citizens, for example delivering food to the elderly, and this is commendable. AIG will waive standard conditions in motor policies restricting such use for the duration of the crisis.

I am currently not driving my car as much because of Lockdown. Do I still need car insurance?

Yes, it is a legal requirement for your car to be insured even if the amount you drive it has decreased. However, if you have SORN your car and declared it as ‘off the road’ then you do not require insurance. Please be advised, if there is no cover in place, your vehicle will not be covered whilst kept on your private property for Fire, Theft, Vandalism or Accidental Damage.

Should I reduce my mileage/KMs if I am not driving my car as much?

Within our policies, the estimated number of km’s is a small component factored within the pricing matrix. Reducing the number of annual kilometres on your policy may not have any effect on your premium.

I am a keyworker and I think I will exceed my annual KM allowance. Will this affect my policy?

Within our policies, the estimated number of km’s is a small component factored within the pricing matrix. If you suspect that you will exceed your KM allowance, don’t panic you will still be covered. Simply contact us via our ‘Live Chat’ facility and we can amend your policy accordingly.

I have been furloughed or I am on a reduced salary and I am struggling to make payments. What should I do?

We understand these are challenging times and we want to help you. If you have a concern regarding payment, please contact our customer service team via our ‘Live Chat’ facility to discuss other payment options available. If you wish to cancel your policy, we will require a hand signed letter along with a hand signed Lost Certificate Letter. Both documents can be scanned and uploaded to your ‘Online Portal’. Please do not cancel your direct debit as this will NOT immediately cancel your policy, it can however lead to additional charges being applied.

I don’t need my car, what can I do?

Although your vehicle is not in use, it may still be covered for events such as: Fire, Theft, Vandalism, Malicious Damage or Accidental Damage.

If you wish to remove/restrict cover while your vehicle is out of use, you can suspend your policy with no cover in place or restrict to fire and theft cover only. To complete the suspension, upload a hand signed letter outlining the required level of cover along with a hand signed Lost Certificate Letter. Upon receipt, your policy will be suspended until you resume cover. After cover is resumed, a pro rata refund will be issued. If you currently pay by Direct Debit, you MUST continue to make your monthly instalments. Please be advised, when your cover has been suspended, you cannot drive your vehicle.

I need to remove a named driver due to essential travel restrictions. How can I do this?

We understand that everyone’s circumstances have changed and that may include removing a named driver from your policy. For example, if you would like to remove a learner driver from your policy and add them at a later stage, no problem. You can remove and add named drivers via your ‘Online Portal’. Please note making changes to your policy may affect your premium.

I need assistance with my insurance policy. How can I get help?

We are here to help you. The quickest and easiest way to contact us is via our ‘Live Chat’ facility. Our team of advisors will be able to assist you Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday 9:30am – 1pm.

How will I receive my documents with postage restrictions?

As our staff are working remotely from home, we are unable to issue any documentation by post. We have currently using a digital document service which enables all documentation relating to your policy to be issued via email and where applicable, be available on your ‘Online Portal’. It is therefore important to ensure your email address is accurate and up to date at all times, as this will be our primary method of contact.

Will I receive my certificate and disc by post?

During the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be unable to issue your certificate and disc by post. However, you will receive a digital copy of your certificate and disc by email which should be printed according to the specifications outlined and on a colour printer. If you do not have access to a colour printer, please reach out to family and friends. If you are having difficulty locating this facility, please contact us via the ‘Live Chat’ facility.

When and how will I receive my renewal invitation?

Your renewal invitation will be issued approx. 30 days in advance of your renewal date. We will issue all the relevant documentation, including your Certificate of No Claims Bonus via email. You can view your renewal and your documentation via your ‘Online Portal’. If you have any questions regarding your renewal, please contact us via the ‘Live Chat’ facility.