Comprehensive Premier / Premier Plus
A ‘Driving Other Cars Extension’ provides third party only* cover in the event of an emergency for you, the policyholder to drive another private car which you do not own or have not hired or leased. If you are eligible for this extension, it will be outlined on your certificate of motor insurance. The following terms and conditions apply:
- The vehicle is not owned by your employer or hired to them under a hire-purchase or lease agreement;
- You currently hold a full European Union (EU) licence;
- The use of the vehicle is covered in the certificate of motor insurance;
- Cover is not provided by any other insurance;
- You have the owner’s permission to drive the vehicle;
- The vehicle you wish to drive is currently insured by the owner;
- You are not connected in any way with the Motor or Licence Trade;
- The vehicle is in a roadworthy condition, holding a valid MOT certificate; and
- You still have your vehicle which it is not damaged beyond cost-effective repair;
- The vehicle driven must be of the same size and cylinder capacity as the insured vehicle or alternatively no higher than a 2000cc vehicle.
This extension applies while being driven within the territorial limits and only to private passenger vehicles. It does not include:
- Car - Vans
- Jeep - type vehicles with no seats in the back; or
- Vans adapted to carry passengers
*Third Party Only - liability to a third party for death, injury or damage to their vehicle or property.
Telematics Policy Holders
Only in the event of an emergency and provided that the policy schedule and your certificate of motor insurance says so, we will also cover you, for your liability to other people while you are driving any other private motor car which you do not own or have not hired or leased. See Terms of Business for full details.